YZF R-125 or RS250?

eselway
This post is 5738 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm taking my test early next month but won't be buying my bike until next year.. but I'm having trouble deciding what to get. My mind was firmly set of getting the R125 but some of my friends have said to get something bigger and restrict it and others have said stick with a small bike.

I'll probably be doing a bit of traveling on it..work is 65 miles from where I live and is mostly duel carriageway and a bit of back roads. Being only 5'4" I need to find something I will be able to reach the floor on!!!

I love the look of the R125 but the engine sound is a little disappointing from what I've heard so far.. And with the Aprilias..well I haven't ever really been a fan of the fact they scream their heads off!

Does anybody have any opinions or ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

I do 100 alround journey on my FZ fazer s2 and it was restricted. mostly 70mph ;) most of them time and I wouldnt of been able to do that on a 125 or 250. So Think of something bigger i.e fzr400? FZ6?

I daren't get anything bigger.. I'm not meant to be 'allowed' a bike so thinking something smaller might have been a better idea..

"allowed"What do you mean by that?

A 125 is ok for short trips but I would go for a 600 if your planning on doing any serious miles.

I'm taking my test early next month but won't be buying my bike until next year.. but I'm having trouble deciding what to get. My mind was firmly set of getting the R125 but some of my friends have said to get something bigger and restrict it and others have said stick with a small bike.

I'll probably be doing a bit of traveling on it..work is 65 miles from where I live and is mostly duel carriageway and a bit of back roads. Being only 5'4" I need to find something I will be able to reach the floor on!!!

I love the look of the R125 but the engine sound is a little disappointing from what I've heard so far.. And with the Aprilias..well I haven't ever really been a fan of the fact they scream their heads off!

Does anybody have any opinions or ideas?

You will kill a 125 doing that kind of mileage on it, far better to get a restricted 500 / 600

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online