How to Kill a Yamaha Engine - XT Girls Demonstrate

XT Girl
This post is 5741 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys!

We're two girls preparing our 1986 XT600s for a trip from London to Cape Town.

We had a tiny little accident this weekend.

We need all the moral support we can get.

WARNING: NOT FOR SENSITIVE VIEWERS - IF YOU LOVE BIKES, YOU WILL CRY. ALSO, SORRY FOR THE FOUL LANGUAGE, IT WAS DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I wouldn't wory too much, my missus doesn't know the difference between a left and right handed thread either. :icon_rolleyes:

London to Cape Town... WoW! :luck: Have you read Red Tape & White Knuckles by Lois Pryce ?

Makes my trip look like a sunday drive........ (9000 miles, 24 countries in 25ish days - it's for the kids!)

Shouldn't you two be ironing or something? :lol::lol:

what he said ^

lol - drill the damn thing out!

Joking apart, dont think you should try drilling it out, the drill usually slips off the harder screw and heads for the softer ally casing (Especially if youre using a hand held drill). You need to remove the rest of the screws, Thats ANTI clocwise ;) , remove the casing and hope that theres enough of the old screw to get hold of with some mole grips. Put the broken off screw right at the other edge of the molegrip jaw, this will keep the jaws parallel so they wont slip off...Good luck...And good luck with your adventure :thumb:

Joking apart, dont think you should try drilling it out, the drill usually slips off the harder screw and heads for the softer ally casing (Especially if youre using a hand held drill). You need to remove the rest of the screws, Thats ANTI clocwise ;) , remove the casing and hope that theres enough of the old screw to get hold of with some mole grips. Put the broken off screw right at the other edge of the molegrip jaw, this will keep the jaws parallel so they wont slip off...Good luck...And good luck with your adventure :thumb:

lol i was only joking - i missed out the :lol: on the end!

All of that could have been avoided by attending a car/bike servicing, evening class.

Really? Gigi (Janine) endlessly drilled 'lefty loosy, righty tighty' into my head... dont know how evening class would have avoided just being plain stupid... on the spot!

(Anyway - if you know of any good ones, let us know -- we've looked around and there aren't any in London)

Really? Gigi (Janine) endlessly drilled 'lefty loosy, righty tighty' into my head... dont know how evening class would have avoided just being plain stupid... on the spot!

(Anyway - if you know of any good ones, let us know -- we've looked around and there aren't any in London)

Oh, i dont know, ...I thought the way you used a ring spanner on your allen key to get extra leverage when the going got tough, showed quite some degree of techy prowess :rolleyes:

That brings back memories (from a VERY long time ago :o ), When I was first let loose with some tools on a moped

I was 11 though AND had to pay the local bike shop FIVE SHILLINGS to extract the remains of my handy work :unsure:

Lessons learned young are best remembered................Good luck girls, don`t fall at the first hurdle, and learn how to change tyres a bit quick, you WILL be needing all the skills you can muster. B)

PS: If you play that clip backwards, iy will come out easy :lol: :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online