Yamaha YBR 125 Owners

SamM
This post is 5708 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

Just was interested in advise really, Im 31, been driving for 14 years, and have decided its about time I got my arse into gear and get my CBT out the way then maybe full bike license in a 6months. I love the open air, and im thinking Biking could possibly pull me away abit from my passion in cars.

Now ive taken a big interest in the Yamaha YBR 125, and mainly id like to use it for pottering about, getting into town etc, but also will do a few journeys on nice days on the country lane twisties.

For anyone that owns one of these or maybe 125 in general, how does a 125 fair up as an all round Bike? I know its not fast at all, but im more at the moment wanting to get good road sense on a Bike and obviuosly to build up my confidense then perhaps decide later on I want something with more guts.

Can 125`s cruise at 55-60 or is that absolutely pushing it? Also does anyone here ride long journeys on a 125? Im guessing a big issue would be getting stuck behind a lorry and not having the power to shoot past.

Any thoughts would be greatly apprecited

Kind Regards

Sam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well i have a Ybr at the moment, it can cruise at 50mph no problem

i can get mines to do 70 on the motorway and even had it up to 85mph

i use it for running into town and country roads, and its awsome for that.

remember its a 125 so trying to moddify it isnt probally the best idea, they are also easy to work on.

i would recomend one, tho they arnt for tall people. Yzf r125 is probally good aswell and has a higher speed slightly, but does cost a quite abit more.

i say go for it, the ball is in your court.

well i have a Ybr at the moment, it can cruise at 50mph no problem

i can get mines to do 70 on the motorway and even had it up to 85mph

i use it for running into town and country roads, and its awsome for that.

remember its a 125 so trying to moddify it isnt probally the best idea, they are also easy to work on.

i would recomend one, tho they arnt for tall people. Yzf r125 is probally good aswell and has a higher speed slightly, but does cost a quite abit more.

i say go for it, the ball is in your court.

Thanks for the reply, sounds very positive to me :), definately think its the right decision, there doesnt seem to be bad reviews about the bike, for what it is, it does the job. Will save me a fortune on fuel aswell so im tempted to buy one brand new.

Regards

Sam

I ride a fz6 but have been looking for something small and good economical wise due to the ripp off fuel prices, i agree the ybr 125 looks thie biz, just want something to use for town work and maybe the odd long ride. Rob.

I ride a fz6 but have been looking for something small and good economical wise due to the ripp off fuel prices, i agree the ybr 125 looks thie biz, just want something to use for town work and maybe the odd long ride. Rob.

i get 150 miles from £8

• 3 weeks later...

ybr?

great bike for getting a good bike road sense, it has safe handling and brakes are great, im 28 and done my cbt in march, im a big lad and the bike has taken everything i have thrown at it on long runs,it has never missed a beat, i just let the air cooled engine have a rest every h

ybr?

great bike for getting a good bike road sense, it has safe handling and brakes are great, im 28 and done my cbt in march, im a big lad and the bike has taken everything i have thrown at it on long runs,it has never missed a beat, i just let the air cooled engine have a rest every hour while i take a refreshment.

it is an easy handling bike for slow control driving and should see you through a test no probs.

but the downside is with any 4stroke 125cc is the lack of torque trying to overtake any vehicle at speed is a nono unless you have a

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

i get 150 miles from £8

got 225miles to mine! (well once) it cost me £6 on shell optimax! just under 3 years ago

got 225miles to mine! (well once) it cost me £6 on shell optimax! just under 3 years ago

i push my bike to the limits

Can 125`s cruise at 55-60 or is that absolutely pushing it? Also does anyone here ride long journeys on a 125? Im guessing a big issue would be getting stuck behind a lorry and not having the power to shoot past.

I have the YBR i take it on long runs to my fathers about 250miles the bike is comfortable to ride and is nippy enough i got past plenty of trucks because of the twisty roads they were only allowed to do 40 on. on a motorway it is a problem tho.

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

I have the YBR i take it on long runs to my fathers about 250miles the bike is comfortable to ride and is nippy enough i got past plenty of trucks because of the twisty roads they were only allowed to do 40 on. on a motorway it is a problem tho.

Wouldnt one take a naked 125 on motorway.!

• 3 weeks later...

A litle bit late for a reply but every one should see this so to understand the features of this bike...

http://www.re-moto.com/index.php

Ah, and dear ShoKz,

With the European (catalized) model

70MPH OK (112Km) and that's not everytime,

but 85MPH (137Km) whow...

Maybe while going downheel (at least 10%inclined) with the wind on your back (at least 7-8 Bf)... <_<

Anyway, it's agreat deal for the money wanted.

In Greece the carburator model (2007) costs 1800 Euro(1100-1200Pounds) and the fuel injection model -2008- 2100 Euro, that is allmost 50% lower price than in the UK and thats for new ones OK?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online