my electrical just dropped out today

mles
This post is 5764 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys i have a new problem with with my 79 xs 400 i went to start it after work today turned on the key the oil

and neutral light came on and as i turned out the kick starter the lights dropped out and i cant find a problem

all the fuses tested ok any ideas would be helpful thanks !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yeah we checked that like the bike was running good when i drove back at lunch but after work is when it happened

yeah we checked that like the bike was running good when i drove back at lunch but after work is when it happened

you didn't flick the cut off switch when you kicked it over did you?

you didn't flick the cut off switch when you kicked it over did you?

nope checked that

nope checked that

hi guys just wanted to let you know i got my bike running last night the main fuse that i must have meter tested 10 times

was loose on one end so when metered it tested ok but would not let power through when in place tricky little devil

thanks for the help !

hi guys just wanted to let you know i got my bike running last night the main fuse that i must have meter tested 10 times

was loose on one end so when metered it tested ok but would not let power through when in place tricky little devil

thanks for the help !

That's why I replaced my OEM junky fuse block with an aftermarket one that uses the newer blade fuses. Must better connection and much more reliable.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online