Tyre size

macca1
This post is 5497 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Yamies,

Can anyone help with a bigger or better tyre that will suit the YBR125. Currently 90/90/18 standard naff tyre. Breaks away very easily in the damp not to mention wet. Or maybe it's just me.

Probably not the right area to post but I'm new at this internet not to mention biking lark.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards and good scratching,

Dave.

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I haven't found larger tyres for mine but i changed them for michelin road pilot sporty's and they're much better than the stock ones. also got my back brake tightened as it was very loose

can you link me to a website selling them:?

• 2 weeks later...

Just binned the OE tyres on my YBR commuter hack - the Michelin Pilot Sportys are much better, even though they are not scrubbed off yet, I can feel a difference.

Why on earth do Yam supply the bike with such crap rubber as standard?

• 5 weeks later...

I haven't found larger tyres for mine but i changed them for michelin road pilot sporty's and they're much better than the stock ones. also got my back brake tightened as it was very loose

Yamaha have introduced the YBR125 Custom. The tyres fittrd to this model are wider than those fitted to the standard model - rear custom = 3.50 - 16, the front 3.00 - 18 (same size as the standard rear ).

Is it possible to fit the custom tyres to the standard model wheels?

Look forward to any responses.

Waltermom.

• 7 months later...

Reviving an old topic...

I'm new to riding, and have had my '08 YBR125 since October, covering nearly 3.5K miles.

I've never had the problem with slipping and sliding around while leaning in that many seem to suffer.

But peoples mention of the OE tyres being a cheap load of pap has lead me to think...

My rear is pretty much bald already, I kind of expected more than 3.5k out of them?!

Anyone?

Michelin road pilot sporty appear to be the tyre of choice, but I really am strapped for cash, and 'they' aint cheap...

Anyone any suggestions for where to buy on a budget?

How big a deal is motorcycle tyre fitment? do I need to go and pay someone to do it or is it perhaps a DIY job?

Ok, spoke to main dealer, and wrt life expectancy on rear tyres, 1k-4k miles... depending on use and load...

Guess I've not done to bad then at 3.5k!!! despite my size and riding style!!! :blink:

Anyway, ended up with a Kings Tire £35 from only accessories shop, (most places are dealerships), in the area, fitted free!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online