Throttle Issues

masterall
This post is 5770 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, Let me first say I am new to this forum but thank you to those who started this site!

I just bought a 82 yamaha maxim 400, it was not running when I got it yesterday but after a little work I have it running, a few issues have come up. First of all my left cyclender has been spewing out quite a bit of white smoke and is backfiring quite a bit but it is an intermittent problem, sometimes it will run fine for a good while before that happens. Also it will randomly run at high RPM's and stay there and then calm down again all on its own. Anyone have a problem like this before???

Thanks all!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, did you get this problem fixed ? a simular thing happened when I bought my FZR1000 with the throttle I went to take off the rpm's reved up high and the bike flew out from under me later when I checked the cable there was a bad kink in it and it locked up on me II just glad it was in a residental area and not on the road this was three years ago.

Yes, I think I have it under control now. I found that the spring that pulls the butterfly valves closed was sitting in the wrong place causing the valves to sit slightly open. However I have a little bit of white smoke and backfiring coming from my left carb. Is this just due to incomplete combustion or oil getting into the engine?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online