first bike yzf-r125

u1tim4t3_w34p0n
This post is 5673 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey all - newbie to the forum here, just wona say ive got me a new r125 in blue and i love it, never rode a bike before last saturday when i did my cbt so finding it quite hard, especialy cornering to the same speed as the traffic! anybody else got one tell me what you think.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh WKD mate

im gettin mine in blue this week too

wat do u think of it always good to hear it from some1 that has one rather than wat people read on the internet and make their own opinion up

i shuld be ok been riding a 50cc for ayear now although no gears

: S

but they are no trouble to pick up

Sorry mate but ive never ridden that bike before but dont worry about keeping right up there with the traffic at first,just keep controll of your lane and take the corners at a comfitable speed for you,dont let the cars bully you into making silly mistakes,enjoy your riding and be safe.

thanks guys apreciate the feedback. the bike is realy comfy to me but i dont have anything to compare it to cos its my first, its mint over speed bumps though! acceleration beta than i thought it would be but it only does 30mph in 2nd gear when its at 10,000rpm - doesnt pick up too well in higher gears when at 3 - 4,000 so have to drop it down a couple ha.

a great bike, had mine in yellow for about two weeks now....certainly gets some appreciative looks even though its a 125 :D

Know what you mean about getting used to cornering etc - I had a scooter before and the handling on the R125 is more responsive , it'll take time there's no right or wrong as to what gear you're in when you're cornering but obviously you need enough power to take the corner comfortably and the important thing is as the previous post says don't let cars bully you - there are certainly some proper prats on the road and a lot of them are car drivers who think they can take advantage of you seeing as you're on a motorbike

a great bike, had mine in yellow for about two weeks now....certainly gets some appreciative looks even though its a 125 :D

Know what you mean about getting used to cornering etc - I had a scooter before and the handling on the R125 is more responsive , it'll take time there's no right or wrong as to what gear you're in when you're cornering but obviously you need enough power to take the corner comfortably and the important thing is as the previous post says don't let cars bully you - there are certainly some proper prats on the road and a lot of them are car drivers who think they can take advantage of you seeing as you're on a motorbike

im getting my yzf r125 this tuesday hopefully

right so i was out for 6hours yesterday on it it after rush hour to get some more practise in, been working on them bends, got the hang of leaning with the bike now but not got the balls to lean over too far incase i cant pull myself back up ha!

also took it up to 65mph but the wind got the best of me so i bottled it and slowed down!

how low can these things go??

p.s i know what you mean about the attention the bike gets.

Hi Guys I am new to the forum and I have just got this bike today in black and just done my CBT on it. I have been riding a 50cc scooter for the last 6 years so I can certainly tell the difference.

I know this might be a daft question, but when you put the lights on only 1 illuminates. If you then put main beam on this one goes out and the other illuminates. Is this right?

Sorry if this is a daft question, but no doubt I will post a lot more.... :rolleyes:

Hi Guys I am new to the forum and I have just got this bike today in black and just done my CBT on it. I have been riding a 50cc scooter for the last 6 years so I can certainly tell the difference.

I know this might be a daft question, but when you put the lights on only 1 illuminates. If you then put main beam on this one goes out and the other illuminates. Is this right?

Sorry if this is a daft question, but no doubt I will post a lot more.... :rolleyes:

yep that is ok mine does it too.only ment to be one low light and one high beam

I thought that was the case, but thought I'd check 1st before I complained...

i squeezed 63 out of mine this morning, went a treat :lol:

right so i was out for 6hours yesterday on it it after rush hour to get some more practise in, been working on them bends, got the hang of leaning with the bike now but not got the balls to lean over too far incase i cant pull myself back up ha!

also took it up to 65mph but the wind got the best of me so i bottled it and slowed down!

how low can these things go??

p.s i know what you mean about the attention the bike gets.

legislation says that at dipped beam a motorcycle can only have 1 light on, this is because if you had 2 lights on in a situation of poor visiblilty another vehicle might think you were a car etc at a distance (due to two beams) rather than a bike and close up (and poss pull out on you). some people bypass this, and many bikes have the wiring to do run both bulbs at dipped.

Main beam a bike can have both on (because of course main beam is only used when there are no vehicles ahead), however i reckon yamaha only make one come on to prevent the alternator and battery getting toasted, on what is a small capacity bike

of course it has 2 lamps to mimic the style of the bigger R-family bikes.

hello all, just put in for finance on the r125 in black, got ma CBT for mid july, before the laws change :P i think im guna struggle with gears, never rode a motorbike or a car so comp new :P but thought id go top of the range straight off haha anyone got any tips for newbies?

Got mine being delivered this friday :D

i got mine in sports white, (aka white red and a little black!)

its brand new and im paying it with finance, my 1st bike too, like the guy said above wanted to go top of the range from the off :D got all my saftey gear already, got given a brand new team yamaha racing jacket off my mums boyfriend who has an r6 in the same colours, and got some wicked other stuff. im so excited!! ! !

Got mine being delivered this friday :D

i got mine in sports white, (aka white red and a little black!)

its brand new and im paying it with finance, my 1st bike too, like the guy said above wanted to go top of the range from the off :D got all my saftey gear already, got given a brand new team yamaha racing jacket off my mums boyfriend who has an r6 in the same colours, and got some wicked other stuff. im so excited!! ! !

lucky you man..your gears are quite juicy..mine is black but i have to take to garage today the cable clutch is quite loose.

would you believe yesterday 2 old couple admired my bike,parked outside tesco.

hello all, just put in for finance on the r125 in black, got ma CBT for mid july, before the laws change :P i think im guna struggle with gears, never rode a motorbike or a car so comp new :P but thought id go top of the range straight off haha anyone got any tips for newbies?

i think you gonna need 2 days of cbt mate because the instructors know if your ready to go out on the road or not otherwise

youll stay inside the training ground until you re ready.

lucky you man..your gears are quite juicy..mine is black but i have to take to garage today the cable clutch is quite loose.

would you believe yesterday 2 old couple admired my bike,parked outside tesco.

it does get a lot of appreciative looks, not sure because whether people realise its a nifty 125, they think its a bigger bike, or just because they like it whatever the egnine size B)

it does get a lot of appreciative looks, not sure because whether people realise its a nifty 125, they think its a bigger bike, or just because they like it whatever the egnine size B)

is your bike r125 ap08?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online