fazer 1000 2008

james fazer price
This post is 5598 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi to all! i wonder if any of you nice chaps would point me in the right direction? i bought a brand new fazer 1000 in march ive been checking out its exhaust and i feel it needs replacing as its just to quiet.my problem is it has a cat on it and how would this affect the bike putting a new exhaust on it? it doesnt appear to have a connection(joint)just behind the can so im guessing im gonna have to replace the whole exhaust from the down pipes,is this right? help much appreciated!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi James.

I have a Remus Powercone on my 2008 FZ1-N, which is awesome.

You want loud? Let's just say, the baffle had to be put back IN and

acoustic earplugs purchased to avoid total hearing loss.

Highly recommended exhaust and it has a lovely "burble" to it on overrun :P

No need for PowerCommander / re-mapping :D

Cheapest found it was £270 from Craig at CalSport 0121 753 0415

FZ1May08.jpg

hi curlygirl,thats a lovely lookin bike you got there!that remus looks really cool!!! i like black/dark coloured bikes they look so smart.i have the graphite grey/black faired fazer 1000 08,i love it,cant stop riding it! thanks for your help one more thing,did the end can seperate from the rest of the exhaust?or did you replace the whole lot? thanks again james.

hi curlygirl,thats a lovely lookin bike you got there!that remus looks really cool!!! i like black/dark coloured bikes they look so smart.i have the graphite grey/black faired fazer 1000 08,i love it,cant stop riding it! thanks for your help one more thing,did the end can seperate from the rest of the exhaust?or did you replace the whole lot? thanks again james.

I have a micron gp style can coming this week that is supposed to slip straight on. I'll post more details before the weekend for you.

Hi again, James.

Cheers, bud. Yeah, I absolutely adore my FZ. It's no wonder you can't stop riding yours.... I have the same "problem" and get horrendous withdrawal symptoms when I'm not on mine :D Great bike, innit?

Luckily, apart from my push bike, she's the only transport I have (or want) so I ride every day to work & back. Don't do tin boxes, unless someone gives me a Porsche 911! ;)

Ok, back to your question, no it was a quick & easy removal of the original monstrous end can to fit the Remus.

HTH

All the best and ride safe, dude B)

I have a micron gp style can coming this week that is supposed to slip straight on. I'll post more details before the weekend for you.

Good choice, they look dead cool. Look forward to seeing the pics. Which model have you got?

Good choice, they look dead cool. Look forward to seeing the pics. Which model have you got?

I'm at work at the moment, so cant post a picture, but will asap.

Fitted my Micron at the weekend, and bloody hell is it loud!! I cant actually manage to get the baffle out, but you dont need it. And the popping and banging when you coast down from high revs. Awsome! It's a head turner, most definatley.

Curly girl, i have the FZ1 Fazer, i like a bit of wind protection ;) I am looking for wider bars for it though, and still trying to talk the other half into buying me sergant seats for it, but as yet she aint having it. :D

Back to the original question, no you dont need to remove the entire system to fit a can. The power valve is easily dissconnected from the servo under the seat, allowing the can to come away. You'll get instructions should you buy a can.

Hi Curlygirl,

What fly screen and belly pan is that you have on? and how much and from where please?

thanks

Mal

Both genuine Yamaha. The FZ1-NA comes with the belly pan but not screen. Personally think the screen really helps the aesthetics of the bike to look even MORE gorgeous. Likewise the seat cowl, genuine Yamaha. HTH. :D

Good question, I too would like to know.

ps,@ curlygirl

Thanks for reply.

It comes off with the can. You just disconnect the cables from the servo under the seat, but leave the servo connected electrically. Job done!

Honestley, it's a very easy process.

I've gound gear changes at low revs are now far smother as well, so it's well worth changing you can.

Stewart

The bike is designed to run with the exup valve so what tuning do you have to do if you change the end can?

According to the information received with my end can, no re-mapping is required. If you like you could always invest in a power commander, but thats like another £200-£300. They usually come with pre-set maps for certain cans, all information you can find on the end-can manufacturers web sites.

As i said before though, i think my bike runs better now that the valve has gone.

If you havent already, i take up the slack in the throttle as well. Why do the insist on putting the things out the factory with about an eighth of a turn required before you get any response? I hate that shit :angry:

Stewart

According to the information received with my end can, no re-mapping is required. If you like you could always invest in a power commander, but thats like another £200-£300. They usually come with pre-set maps for certain cans, all information you can find on the end-can manufacturers web sites.

As i said before though, i think my bike runs better now that the valve has gone.

If you havent already, i take up the slack in the throttle as well. Why do the insist on putting the things out the factory with about an eighth of a turn required before you get any response? I hate that shit :angry:

Stewart

As promised, some pictures of the can fitted. Cost £250 in Titanium, or £300 as i have it in black.

mybike.jpg

IMGP0003.jpg

IMGP0002.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I am posting this enquiry here hoping actual owners of the FZ1/fazer can help! I have been trying to find a performance test of the bike showing acceleration, top speed and torque and bhp graphs. Cant find one anywhere. In particular for comparison purposes what is the 0-60 figure/ some one must know(hopefully) Thanks.

I recently fitted an old micron can off my exup 1000 to my fz1 ,after a bit of running i checked the coulor of my spark plug . everything OK bike felt a bit flat in the mid range .I decided to chop exup valve of standerd can and fitted it to my micron. (something i did to my Fzr with great effect)after a good run checked plugs again,spot on . only differance with the valve seems to be slightly more top end . ihope this might help ive been taught to believe that whatever you change or alter be it filters jets or whatever KEEP A GOOD EYE ON YER SPARK PLUGS!

I am posting this enquiry here hoping actual owners of the FZ1/fazer can help! I have been trying to find a performance test of the bike showing acceleration, top speed and torque and bhp graphs. Cant find one anywhere. In particular for comparison purposes what is the 0-60 figure/ some one must know(hopefully) Thanks.

I'll see if I can find a real one (not factory) for you. Give me a few days.

• 3 weeks later...