heated grips

bikerbrian
This post is 5814 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 98 535 virago with chrome plugs on the ends of the handlebars.I want to fit suitable heated grips but cant see how to remove the end plugs assuming they are just plugs.Ive tried to unscrew them in both directions & knock them out without at this stage removing the throttle itself.Nobody seems to know how they are fitted in or even if they are just a solid thing part of the throttle,can someone enlighten me so I can seek out the correct type of grips to buy?????

bikerbrian

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you got a photo you can post brian?

I had a similar problem when i wanted to replace the grips on my XVS - turns out they were "glued" on and i had to force the damned ends off with a pair of pliers!

Have you got a photo you can post brian?

I had a similar problem when i wanted to replace the grips on my XVS - turns out they were "glued" on and i had to force the damned ends off with a pair of pliers!

Thanks for the reply Goff.Ive now sorted it,they were splined & banged into the ends of the bars then rusted up a bit hense the need to be a bit more aggressive .I just had to replace the solenoid on the bottom of the lower tank, what a job!!!I found a novel way of avoiding having to strip of the top tank & & pulling the bike to bits to do it so if ever you need to just get in touch.

Regards Bikerman

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online