thundercat any good ??

jonnie
This post is 5604 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 4 weeks later...

Depends what you want in a bike. The Thundercat is more sporty than the Fazer but the Fazer will be kinder on long journeys. They share the same engine with the Fazer being in a slightly lower state of tune. Compared to proper sportsbikes, the Thundercat is a bit sloppy in the corners but doesn't lose anything on the straights.

:( If its quick with a bit of work on it dont tell me how cos after being off the bikes for 26 year its quick enough now. :D

enjoy and be safe all.

:( If its quick with a bit of work on it dont tell me how cos after being off the bikes for 26 year its quick enough now. :D

enjoy and be safe all.

• 2 weeks later...

the thunder cat has a few issues with rust on the slings for the exhaust BUT these are replaceable really cheaply, superb bike though, low slung and more then quick enough for me before i was banned by the missus from the over "400 cc" club :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i want either a cat or fazer to commute to work & few blast out .

ive not really got 3 grand for a fazer .

I take it you're looking at later model Fazers then? My 51 plate was £2500, but there are loads around for much less than that. They're all excellent machines that will do what you need them to do. The Fazer is probably more comfy for commuting. I was looking at getting a Thundercat, but the Fazer came up at the right price and condition, so I went for it. No regrets at all so far.

I have raced Thundercats the engines are very strong and can be quick with a little bit of work ;)

Sorry for the thread hijack, just a quickie. As they share the same engines, Fazer & Thundercat, can the de-tuned Fazer versions be re-tuned to Cat standards?

Thanks

DM

• 4 weeks later...

I take it you're looking at later model Fazers then? My 51 plate was £2500, but there are loads around for much less than that. They're all excellent machines that will do what you need them to do. The Fazer is probably more comfy for commuting. I was looking at getting a Thundercat, b

Sorry for the thread hijack, just a quickie. As they share the same engines, Fazer & Thundercat, can the de-tuned Fazer versions be re-tuned to Cat standards?

Thanks

DM

I have had both of these bikes and can say with confidence that the Thundercat is way better than a Fazer. They both have the same faults ala poor gearbox and crap headlights.

You can easily cover big miles in comfort and at high speeds on the T cat, all the bike mags have done reviews of the Thundercat over the last few years saying how competent and underated they are.

The Faxer 600 is a good entry level budget bike but if you want to do it all then buy a YZF600R

The engines look similar but they are different.

Sorry if I have upset any Fazer 600 owners they are a good bike but IMO the Tcat is well better

• 3 months later...

I have had both of these bikes and can say with confidence that the Thundercat is way better than a Fazer. They both have the same faults ala poor gearbox and crap headlights.

You can easily cover big miles in comfort and at high speeds on the T cat, all the bike mags have done reviews of the Thundercat over the last few years saying how competent and underated they are.

The Faxer 600 is a good entry level budget bike but if you want to do it all then buy a YZF600R

The engines look similar but they are different.

Sorry if I have upset any Fazer 600 owners they are a good bike but IMO the Tcat is well better

You ain't offended me mate, the Fazer does EVERYTHING I need it to very well indeed.

On the engine front, how are they different? They're supposed to share the same motor, Fazer being a de-tuned 'Cat....likewise Fazer 1000 being a de-tuned Thunderace.

You ain't offended me mate, the Fazer does EVERYTHING I need it to very well indeed.

On the engine front, how are they different? They're supposed to share the same motor, Fazer being a de-tuned 'Cat....likewise Fazer 1000 being a de-tuned Thunderace.

Can you really go wrong ,there both Yams :D .I looked at the thundercat but there was no nice ones up here ,thought it was better for a pillion .Then I went and bought an R6 , hmmm better up her insurance now lol .I've been away for a long time too and all these bikes have exceeded my performane expectations compared to the olden days .

Enjoy whatever you decide on mate .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online