Advice on getting a 125 from a 50 and how to do it?

oJaXo
This post is 5762 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there,

i am currently riding a 50cc bike and im starting to think about changing to a 125 when im 17 (this september)

ive heard lotsa weird stories about what to do so i thought i better ask.

can i just buy a 125 when im 17 and ride it on my CBT? (which still hass a year left)

do i have to do a course to ride a 125 for 2 years and then i get my full bike license?

many thanks

jack.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

once u done ure cbt

u can ride any bike up to 125cc with 12.5bhp

so 16 = 50cc

17+ = 125

yep

like i said

17+ u can ride anything up to 125 on a provisional

and if i want to do that thing where you stay on a restricted bhp bike for 2 years then you get your full bike licence do i have to do a course?

you need to do your test if u want to do that

if u want to go straight to full power

u need to do ure direct access test

but u need to be over 21

• 4 weeks later...

hi there,

i am currently riding a 50cc bike and im starting to think about changing to a 125 when im 17 (this september)

ive heard lotsa weird stories about what to do so i thought i better ask.

can i just buy a 125 when im 17 and ride it on my CBT? (which still hass a year left)

do i have to do a course to ride a 125 for 2 years and then i get my full bike license?

many thanks

jack.

im not sure on the age side of it but im sure that cbt covers 125cc with L plates and carrying no passengers

i also thought you could do direct access now but have to ride restricted bikes until you 21 then you can move up to bigger bikes

best to check for sure but if you can id get it done b4 october as all the tests are changing and going to become alot harder

good luck with it all :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online