Nick Sanders

RichieR1
This post is 5741 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

Has any one checked out this guy yet? His round the world attempt on his R1 looks pretty intense. Just started riding and although not good enough to tackle something like this would love a stab at something on a smaller scale so if anyone has any suggestion feel free to share the knowledge.

http://parallelworld.hein-gericke.com

2 years ago I DID Scotland on a ybr 125, I live in Lancashire. It took 2 weeks to do the whole trip, even visited John O Groats, best trip I ever had. Whatever trip/journey you decide on mate, take your time, enjoy it and explore. ;)

How do I start....well it went wrong from day 1..My bike, an Aprillia RS125 was reversed into by a council truck the morning i was to set off..Great start huh. Anyway I rang my insurers and they supplied me witth a YBR125 with just over a 1000 miles on the clock 2 days later. Nothing was going to stop me going. So I set off 3 days late. Took my journey up into Scotland, 1st camp was at Loch Lomand...Love that place, free camp, fire, touch of fishing before dark. Its a regular stop for campers who like to rough it, I had Aussie neighbours for the night. Yes the whole trip was done on A roads. It basically was a ride up the road and follow it a see where they go trip. When Id got up to Inverness, I camped in a town called Contin, best campsite id stayed at, stayed here for a day or two and did ride outs. Visiting Applecross Pub way over one of the highest passes in Scotland on the Westside, close to Isle of Skye( Did skye 2). Followed the coast road most of the time,popping inland to explore, as I got up to the Northerly tip, it got very windy, I camped at Durness near Poocan Smoo, the view was astounding, but intense wind, when I got there, the guy said Id be better camping between two large objects, Gale force winds for 2 days.....Id lashed my tent and bike to a solid fence lol. Explored the area. ( John Lennon visited Durness regularly as a child) After my windy time, I followed the coast road across the Northern edge, met a 80 year old witht a GAs GAs who 60 years ago had crossed the roadless bit on an old bike and had decided to do it again before he got 2 old...go that man!!!! Had loads of fun, went off road to camp, up paths etc.. something I wouldnt have done on my own machine.. lol. Came down the A9, camping in or around towns, and then further down through the East side of Scotland, had no plans, just a map for a guide.

After the first days upset, everything went really well, even with the galeforce winds. Met loads of people who said i was mad. :blink: Me? MAd? Nooooo LOL. Anyhoo, That was my start of riding big miles, so last year I tried out bike couriering, anywhere up to a 1000 miles a day was usuall. Had great fun, and met loads of people who also said I was barmy. Sometimes I didnt get home till the next day, Riding 4-500 miles during the day, then going into scotland or down to the South coast overnight and then off somewhere else, Ive travelled this Island lots and still find new things. Bikes are my life, and I use mine everyday, 6000 miles since Feb, I love the freedom, the wind, the fact you can ride into a town or city and taste the air (or the lack of it! lol)

Whatever or wherever you go, enjoy your machine, enjoy the ride, the views, the people and have fun.

P

Hi,

Has any one checked out this guy yet? His round the world attempt on his R1 looks pretty intense. Just started riding and although not good enough to tackle something like this would love a stab at something on a smaller scale so if anyone has any suggestion feel free to share the knowledge.

http://parallelworld.hein-gericke.com

I went to school with Nick Sanders, Even he started on a smaller scale...He went round the world on a bicycle first...hes never had a proper job! :D

• 1 month later...

Nicks PROPPER JOB is keeping the rest of us entertained.

Making films, Writing books, taking people like us to places we normaly wouldn't go to.

This latest trip takes US (bikers ??) along with him. As usual with no back up crew in 4x4s & helicopters to do the filming & writing for him.

OK so he does'nt work in an office or factory but he sure as hell puts more hours into his JOB than most of us do.

So be brave and check out;

www.parallelworld.hien-garicke.com or www.nicksanders.com

Read Nicks comments and some of his previous stuff, then tell me he does'nt work for a living.

I too know Nick and other than the sponsorship to do these trips (which ALL goes on the trip) his only income is from book & dvd sales at shows where he works hard for a few hundred quid. He probably earns a lot less than most of us.

I'm always buying him coffee becuase he cant afford it.

Nicks PROPPER JOB is keeping the rest of us entertained.

Making films, Writing books, taking people like us to places we normaly wouldn't go to.

This latest trip takes US (bikers ??) along with him. As usual with no back up crew in 4x4s & helicopters to do the filming & writing for him.

OK so he does'nt work in an office or factory but he sure as hell puts more hours into his JOB than most of us do.

So be brave and check out;

www.parallelworld.hien-garicke.com or www.nicksanders.com

Read Nicks comments and some of his previous stuff, then tell me he does'nt work for a living.

I too know Nick and other than the sponsorship to do these trips (which ALL goes on the trip) his only income is from book & dvd sales at shows where he works hard for a few hundred quid. He probably earns a lot less than most of us.

I'm always buying him coffee becuase he cant afford it.

My comment was meant in good spirit, not as an insult to Nick, you know 'Humour' its called, hence the smilie

mad as a box of frogs.

I've met a box of frogs :hyper: They objected to being called mad :crazy:

Been following this guy for a while, as well as Lois Pryce, now she is a nutter - first off she rides from Alaska to Buenos Aires(Google ‘Lois on the loose’) on a Serrow (thats a 225 motor) on her own with no idea! Then to top it she rides from London to South Africa (Google ‘Red Tape and White Knuckles’)on a TTR250, again, alone and through some of the craziest countries Africa has to offer. Funny though, she completed her trip just as the Jolly Boys were heading off – and I never saw her story in the news. It’s not surprising that she’s married to Prince of all long range motorcycling Austin Vince (Mondo Enduro fame?) both as mad as brushes!, of course Ted Simon is the God (Jupiter’s Travels? 4 years around the world??) as we all know.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online