Whats the difference between the dt125 and the dt125x?

This post is 5404 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The DT-X is a Supermotard so it has different sized wheels and lots of SMs have bigger brakes too. Ultimately the smaller wheels aid a faster turn-in time making the bike more nimble in the technical sections of a track.

The DT-R and DT-RE are scrambler style bikes so you get larger wheels with knobbly tyres to give better grip off road. The gearing is low so you don't go very fast at top end but acceleration is quite brisk.

Check out the Avon distinzia tyres,they will fit on a dtr and are miles better than the standered tyres for grip especialy on wet roads,they can still be used off road too but are more aimed at on road riding,im going to get a set for my bike.

Check out the Avon distinzia tyres,they will fit on a dtr and are miles better than the standered tyres for grip especialy on wet roads,they can still be used off road too but are more aimed at on road riding,im going to get a set for my bike.

thanks for that! which type of avon distinzia ones tho there are different ones?

and whats the dt-r and the dt-re's top speed then?

many thanks,

jack.

My dtr does 75mph and the only mod ive done is add a full dep exhaust,i could easily get it to go faster by half opening the powervalve and removing the snorkel from under the seat but 75mph is more than enough for me on a 125 and at least i know the engine is going to be fine.

http://www.fwr.co.uk/pairdeal.htm

Try this link,there the second down the list,i think a 90/90-21 will fit the front and a 4.10-18 will fit the back.Im defo going to get a set of these as the dt nobblys are dangerous in the wet.

thanks for all your help :D

one final thing i gotta ask before i set my mind all on this bike :D

whats the 0-60 like?

many thanks. jack.

With the full dep exhaust 0-60 is fast as fook,it flies and gets there in no time at all.I think it is the best 125 out there and the only down side is the nobbly standered tyres are shit (and deadly) for wet road use,my bike beats my mates nsr up to 70mph.Oh yeah,with the dep exhaust make sure you sit over the petrol tank because when the powerband kicks in(especialy in first) the front lifts,i would recomend a dep to anyone,it makes the bike feel more like a motor x bike instead of a 4 stroke and you can really feel the bands,its great.I only need to get a set of them avon tyres now and i will be super happy with my bike.If you want a 125 that can be used on and off road get the best,get a DTR 125 :D

You wont be dissapointed,at first the bike seems MASSIVE lol but after a while it seems to shrink and you will be throwing it around corners in no time.The later models are harder to derestrict,some are i think restricted in about 6/7 places where as if you can find a 90s model in great condition the main restrictions are in the exhaust and the powervalve,i have heard that a newer model derestricted is faster than a older model though,it just takes more time to mod it.Good luck mate

Hi there.

I had an accident with my Dtx and the front forks are bent....is quite difficult to find second hand ones....

the only ones you can find is the DTR ones ....do you guys know if they fit????

as the bikes are pretty much the same.....

Cheers

Nuno

• 1 year later...

DT125X has a 6 speed gearbox, ride height adjustable rear shock. Brembo front brake calliper, and larger front disc.

Also comes with Excel Talon supermoto rims with proper road wheels (not nobblies).

Pretty good as a first bike, just make sure it is de-restricted and a full DEP exhaust system makes a big difference.

The DEP won't make the top end any higher, but it will pull stronger through the gears, and sounds lovely.

Jam353

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online