Jump to content

Ryengoth

YOC Member
  • Content Count

    93
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    19

Ryengoth last won the day on November 18 2019

Ryengoth had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

47 Excellent

About Ryengoth

  • Rank
    Member
  • Birthday 01/18/1974

Previous Fields

  • Current Bike(s)
    1982 XJ550 Maxim

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
  1. I have a project thread on SaabScene and SaabCentral. It's going to be a looonnng fix-up. It still won't drive but I did get it running at the beginning. Electrical issues now. https://www.saabscene.com/forum/threads/249954-1994-9000-CDE-NT-Project Here's a couple of shots from when I was looking at it. 4-cyl, non-turbo, 5-speed CD model. It was a $200USD impulse purchase. Inoperable clutch, no battery, but the owner was a mechanic and said it sat for 4 years after running with a busted clutch. The interior is horrid. I will be spending a LOT of time and hopefully not too much cash over the next few years. It will be a nice car for the girls to learn on and drive when it's all done. I have twin daughters so they get to fight over who will drive it on the weekends.
  2. Pack Rat.. Finally got around to purging the 'ole shop. I removed about 2 pick-up truck loads of junk so far and still have a big mess of a bench to clean up and shelving with stuff I'll never use. This is where the XJ will live and I suppose I get to split the tools up between the two work areas. The Saab 9000 will be coming into the main garage soon for continuation of that project a BIT closer to home, without the dyno and airport noise and on a more regular basis. It will need most of the tools considering Saab likes to use every metric fastener size and type on the planet.
  3. Waiting on new clutch plates to rebuild the clutch and then I will be re-tuning with the colortune and doing another sync with the gauges. The stack looked good (apart from the friction discs) until I unstacked it. A few were black from being burnt up so I decided to just put all new discs and plates in the clutch. Less worry about something blowing apart.
  4. Getting there. The chain is WAY too long. Going to have to cut it. So much for model-specific fitment.
  5. Absolutely! That was late at night with the garage door closed. I forgot the ear muffs. Pipes are temporarily back on after ripping up the gaskets and collars to get the system apart. There is so little clearance you have to install the exhaust in 3 pieces to get it to fit. Needless to say it was the original system and the copper gaskets were happily married to both pieces at every joint. Hammer and chisel were required for a few divorces. Looks like I may be running it as-is for a while. I won't spend $1000 on a new exhaust system. The collector is in good shape thank goodness so I just need decent header pipes and maybe 2 new mufflers at some point. I can work on carb sync and tuning now properly and without going deaf. I still have to balance the rear wheel and get the rest of the bike back together.
  6. Waiting on new cylinder donut seals for the oil galleys. Both leaked during oiling and compression re-testing. Hopefully this will be the LAST time this engine comes back apart.
×
×
  • Create New...