Alex
Alex

Yamaha R1 Dominates with Josh Hayes to Clinch 2012 AMA Superbike Title

It wasn’t just the YZF-R1 dominating at Homestead; the YZF-R6 Supersport machine was also the one to beat. Yamaha Extended Service Graves Yamaha’s Cameron Beaubier won Saturday’s Daytona Sportbike race and RoadRace Factory R6 rider Jake Gagne took the honours on Sunday. The podiums and wins continued to flow in the support classes with an impressive 20 Yamaha R6 top ten finishes over the weekend.

“It’s pretty incredible to win my third AMA Pro Superbike Championship”, Hayes said. I want to give a big thank you to Yamaha, not just to my team but all the employees and dealers for the opportunity to race the R1 for you.”

“Congratulations to the entire Monster Energy Graves Yamaha Team”, said Yamaha Road Racing Team Manager Tom Halverson. “It’s been an incredible season and it tales so many pieces of the puzzle to put together three consecutive Superbike Championships. Thanks to Josh, our crew and sponsors and all the people back at Yamaha that made this happen.”

Source www.yamaha-racing.com

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.