Alex
Alex

Osborne grabs first podium of 2012 as Pocock wins again

A second bottle of champagne was sprayed over a YZ250F but this time it was the 338 of Zach Osborne in the MX2-GP class as the American scored two fourth positions to raise the teams second trophy of the season in the competitive class. The 22 year old pushed hard in the second moto to overtake Jake Nicholls and ensure his rostrum celebration by virtue of the race ranking.

Arnaud Tonus missed out on the Czech Grand Prix due to the close proximity of the date to his wrist surgery. The Swiss was initially hopeful of making the gate at Loket but the delay of several days after the Russian GP waiting for an appointment with the best possible surgeon meant that the tissue and state of the arm post-op was too delicate for the rigours and demands of MX2-GP racing. 7 is expected to be fully ready to go for the teams home event on August 18-19.

The British Grand Prix at Matterley Basin will occur in two weeks and Monster Energy Yamaha now have a small respite from international and domestic racing commitments.

Zach Osborne:

It is great to be on the podium on what is such a special track. Today was a good result. I didnt set the world on fire but two fourth positions was a solid day. I didnt have the speed to run with Jeffrey and Tommy but I was the next best guy. Im looking forward to Matterley now. Its a circuit I like with a lot of ruts. I am going to train hard for it and today has given me a lot of motivation to work as hard as I can going into that race. It is tricky to come back mid-season from an injury because a lot of guys have good race pace and have done a lot more motos. It doesnt matter how much training you do, you cant really beat riding GPs week-in week-out. To be on the podium with two decent results and to get the ball rolling is really positive.

Mel Pocock:

Its great to win four from four and keep that overall streak alive. Im a bit disappointed I missed out on the win on Saturday but Maxime was going really quick. It is not my ideal surface as a rider; I prefer mud or deep sand or berms to hit! Maxime got away from me in that first race and I made a mistake that cost me the race. I backed down the speed a bit to make sure of the points for second. Today he made a small mistake and dropped the bike, so I had the lead and rode error-free ahead of Gasjer. It was a hard weekend but I made it work for me. I had to learn out there. A lot of people have sent me messages that they have their tickets for the British Grand Prix next week. It will be a big race and Im really excited.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.