Alex Asigno
Alex Asigno

Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike riders kick-off 2010 at Portimao?

New for 2010 Yamaha World Superbike riders Cal Crutchlow and James Toseland took their first rides of the year today at the Portimao circuit in Portugal. Day one of the three day test saw the riders re-familiarize themselves with their YZF-R1’s and start working on their set-ups for the year. The riders focus for the first day was continuing the development of their preferred settings. Crutchlow was on typically fast form, ending the day in second on the timesheet, less than two tenths of a second from the fastest rider. Team-mate James Toseland was also on form, ending the first ride of the year in fifth just half a second off the front.
Cal Crutchlow
GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d14c528b
Cal Crutchlow
Cal Crutchlow, Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team (2nd, 1’42.9) “It wasn’t so bad for the first day. We’re still trying to get comfortable on the bike as we progress but we’re getting there. I’m working away at it and I think the times were good enough. To still be working out our settings and have good times near the top of the board is very satisfying.”
GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d14c528b
James Toseland
James Toseland

James Toseland, Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team (5th, 1’43.3) “I think I ended up in fifth at the end of the day but only about half a second separates me from first. I’m pretty pleased, we’ve been trying a lot out on the bike and it’s been a really productive day. We’ve tested a lot of things and eliminated a few. I’m hoping the weather holds for out tomorrow but rain is forecast. Having said that, I’ve not ridden this bike in the rain yet so I’m happy for it to rain tomorrow and then be dry on Sunday so we’re testing in all conditions.” Massimo Meregalli, Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team Manager “We did a great job today, everything was on schedule as it should have been. The team and riders worked really hard, we tested some tyres and as always also we have some other things in development. Cal was working hard on the positioning for his bike and James continues to get more confidence with bike as he gets used to his change from MotoGP.”

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.