Alex Asigno
Alex Asigno

Yamaha riders fastest at Misano test ahead of next week’s San Marino races

The Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team completed a two-day test this afternoon at the San Marino circuit ahead of next week’s eighth round of the World Championship in Misano. At the close of the test riders Cal Crutchlow and James Toseland were the fastest riders on the board. The team spent the two days testing some different linkages on the bikes along with various electronic settings and also a new radiator design to aid cooling. The first day started well with both riders posting competitive times, James Toseland in particular ending the morning session second fastest with a 1”36.7 and team mate Cal Crutchlow not far behind in fourth with a 1”36.8. The afternoon saw rainfall which disrupted the test and made the track conditions slower this morning. The day gave very hot temperatures for most of the session, but cooled towards the end allowing the riders to post their fastest times. Cal Crutchlow, Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team (1st, 1”36.2 90 laps) “It’s been a pretty good test for us, the weather’s been difficult, either really hot or wet which has been challenging. Still, we managed to get down to the fastest time here and I did that on a used tyre which should stand us in good stead for next week’s races. I’m looking forward to getting stuck into it again.” James Toseland, Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team (2nd, 1”36.3, 90 laps) “We tried a lot with the electronics, all in all it’s been a good test for Yamaha. I’m putting a lot of time into the bike to try and find some extra time in the second half of the race and be more consistent. Everyone is doing a great job but we’re busy trying to catch up with the Aprilia.” Massimo Meregalli, Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team Manager “I am satisfied as the riders made their best times with used tyres. If the race was tomorrow we are ready. I’m looking forward to the race weekend, it has been a very productive test and we are optimistic that we can build on this and produce some good results.”

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.