Alex Asigno
Alex Asigno

MX GP: Philippaerts 2nd at French International?

DP and GP
GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d4378d72
DP and GP
Last Sunday Yamaha Monster Energy Motocross Team’s David Philippaerts gained his second podium in a week and the second from three race appearance so far in 2010 on the new YZ450FM. The 25 year old rode to 4th, 4th and 3rd positions for the overall runner-up position at the Valence International in France. On a cold weekend and across a track that was stony and damp but became drier throughout race day, Philippaerts faced a large number of Grand Prix competitors and produced three consistent and decent outings. The Italian is gaining speed and confidence with his 2010 race-bike and benefitted from more suspension tests last week after his victory in the first round of the Italian Championship at Montevarchi. ‘I am very happy as my riding was good today, better than last week in the Italian Championship,’ he said. ‘We made a test with the suspension in the middle of the week before coming to France and it was a step forwards. We made a change on the rear shock and also discovered a setting for the front fork. I felt comfortable on the bike at Valence and could run the pace I wanted.’ Philippaerts placed behind Antonio Cairoli and in front of Steve Ramon, Anthony Boissiere and Sebastien Pourcel. Team-mate Gautier Paulin swung his leg over the works YZ250FM for just the second time in competition this year and claimed fourth place overall. The Frenchman was pleased with the progress he is making in preparation for his assault on the MX2-GP world championship. ‘Everything went OK,’ he said after taking two 4th places and then was the second best MX2 rider in the Superfinal with the 450s. ‘Frossard was perhaps the fastest MX2 rider on the day but I was not far away from him and I was pleased with the fact that my best moto was the last one; I only needed a little bit more time to overtake him to be the first MX2 bike against the MX1 guys. My fitness is good and we are going in the right direction.’ Yamaha Monster Energy Ricci Motocross Team’s Loic Larrieu enjoyed his first race on the 2010 YZ250F and his first outing since injuring both of his shoulders towards the end of 2009. The French teenager was 11th overall in the MX2 class. Team-mate Ken De Dycker was not able to score points across the Valence leaps after a small mechanical problem. The second round of the Italian Championship takes place next weekend at Castiglione Del Lago with both Yamaha Monster Energy teams set to participate.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.