All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Last week
  3. Yup, for £11.499 (rather that the 1499 I was aiming for) ....no thanks.... lol
  4. You may get 2nd dibs if the winner doesn't pay up.
  5. 1) So fk, don't lose any sleep over it, that is his concern 2) So fk, nothing to do with you......If you were top bidder then some explaining, but as you were outbid then, again fk em and the chap refusing to speak with you, so fk, fk em One will come up, or I can point you in the direction of a few Triumphs I know for sale
  6. Thank you. I was thinking the tires on the bike when I got it were the originals (very bad shape), so I'm going with 2.5-18 and 2.75-18 Bob
  7. not sure of this helps: https://bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_rs_100_1975.php looks like haynes is wrong.
  8. Well, I'm still looking at a younger FJ with lower mileage. Don't really want to change bikes/models if I can help it. Auction came up, and threw a few bids in a few minutes before the end. Every 'kin time I was outbid. Even when going way above what I was prepared to pay so I suspected either a snipe program was at work or more suspicious shenanigans. Then I got a bit excited in the last 15 seconds and my phat fingers produced a 5 figure number. Shat myself for 2 seconds, missus declared me a lunatic ....... bang .... the other party went over the top of that, and that was the end of that. Result of all this is : 1) The other party not checking his snipe or numbers in front of him - and now bricking it because he's under a legal contract to pay. If he doesn't he'll have to answer to fleabay. 2) The seller is less than impressed because he'll be hit for ebay fees on that number knowing he'll never ever see that money and accusing me for that. Somehow the chap refuses to talk to me even after explaining what happened + apologies. Ah well, you live and learn.
  9. I recently acquired a 1976 RS 100C with less than 5K miles. It doesn't need much attention, but I want to replace the tires. The bike came with a 2.5-18/front and 2.75-18/rear. The Owner's Manual says these were the proper tires, but my Haynes Workshop Manual says 2.75-18/front and 3.00-18/rear. Can anyone tell me which is correct and/or recommended. I'd like to stay as close to "original" as possible. Thanks, Bob
  10. The forks slide on shafts, ,bent shaft or corrosion ,,
  11. jimmy

DT 175 E gearbox

I don't use photobucket since they tried to hold us all to ransom a while back Postimage.org is my preferred hosting site
  12. Should have used a mirror to put the seal on, then it would be fine Glad it's all sorted now
  13. Youll need to use a hosting site like Photobucket to upload photos from
  14. slice

Front wheel bearing!

Part 4, told you I would be back! Anyway the seal arrived this morning which is pretty damned quick, I was told 9 day's so pleased as punch that it only took 4. So offered it up to the drive shaft and it's just perfect, so slowly and carefully slide it into place, you have to use a drift to get it on as it's a really tight fit, BUGGER! It pays to look twice and do the job once cos muggings here has now got the seal on backwards, I mean you could not make this shit up. Anyway finally got the thing off and really chuffed that I didn't manage to ruin the blasted thing, so the diff is sitting there in all it's glory now ready to go back on. I ordered the fork seals from Fowlers which also showed up but now I find that I don't in fact need them as when I jacked the bike up I over extended the forks and it was just a dribble of oil from a small piece of dirt that was causing the problem, My SEALMATE fixed that in about 30 seconds. So the forks and head stock will be done in the winter as I have had just about enough of sodding about with this poxy machine. So the moral of this saga seems to be. Just do the job you set out to do and don't go looking for other things to fix when you get a bit of down time waiting for parts. But I have found out what makes the drive shaft work so not all bad news I suppose. :)
  15. 1978 78 Yamaha Dt250 Dt 250 Running Engine Motor On Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-78-Yamaha-Dt250-Dt-250-Running-Engine-Motor/113805113506?
  16. I have the official service manual, but it often requires specific tools i managed to create clutch tool, and rotor tools,, used steering wheel puller successfully, but crankcase seems more complicated. BTW, don’t follow manual and undo the u-joint. Totally unnecessary
  17. Thanks Blackhat. I have the green one.
  18. Hi there,.. love the Rs100 , is it green or blue ?..125 was yellow i think, ,the tyres will be slightly wider, but will fit ..
  19. Purchased my first Yamaha: 1976 RS100C. The bike is in very good condition and I don't plan on a major restoration effort. I've rebuilt the carb and replaced a few items, but it is running. My next project is to replace the tires. The bike came with a 2.5-18/front and 2.75-18/rear. The Owner's Manual says these were the proper tires, but my Haynes Workshop Manual says 2.75-18/front and 3.00-18/rear. Can anyone tell me which is correct and/or recommended. Thanks, Bob
  20. if your chains are worn or haven't been changed in a while I would say it's best to swap both your chain and sprocket for new high quality ones https://autoready.co.uk/collections/drive-kits/products/yamaha-tdm900-2002-2013-steel-did-gold-drive-kit
  21. huxley

DT 175 E gearbox

Hello All, After 3 years of owning my DT 175 E I have decided to start work on it properly. The bike will not start even though it has fuel,a good spark,timing is spot on and crankcase seals have been replaced.This was not my main problem. I can only get second gear which is why I threw a cover over it 3 years ago.I have now split the crankcases to have a look at the gearbox which all looks o.k,but I have a question. There are 3 selector forks.One is on a shaft on it own and it moves on the shaft.The other two are on a separate shaft of which one fork moves and the other does not.Is this usual. Also can you post pictures on this forum ,if so how. Thanks for any replies Mark.
  22. Hi, I have just realised I've been extremely rude and not introduced myself yet. I'm new to the forums and to Y.O.C. I recently purchased a Yamaha XVS1100 V Star. The bike is an import from the USA. Loving it so far. A few years ago I owned a Bulldog 1100cc which was also a great fun bike. No doubt as time goes by I will have a lot of questions, so be prepared. I've found lots of interesting and useful discussions so far having only tickled the tip of the iceberg. Cheers for now FishPig aka Kevin Kelly
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?