All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Hi i own the xvs 1300 midnight star have had it just less than 1 year so far. Done some work on it myself paint tyres bars usual stuff. Done some repair work aswell after i lost faith in the local garages. But thats another story . And Used daily for work transport Cheers, AJ (anthony5900)
  3. Time Left: 13 days and 15 hours

• FOR SALE
    • USED

I am wanting to either sell or swap my cobra pipes i prefer the straight pipe look and prefer to have them than these even though they are the most expensive set on the market. I either want the vance and hines blavk slash cut that you see for the xvs 1300 stryker or the cobra speedsters long or short not fussed. If not ill sell these and out money towards the new set i want thanks. Let me know please. Pretty Good condition some surface rust on the other side not visible but will clean this up if sold when i take them off.

400.00 GBP

Stockport

4. Yesterday
  5. Variomatic

dt125lc

Have you checked that the battery is accepting a charge? Make sure it's actually not putting out voltage. It could also be that the stator has given out, also check for bad grounds, lose wires, all the usual stuff
  6. Lower displacement Yamahas are kinda known for having this issue, sometimes if you leave them in the sun for a long time on a hot day the fuel pump starts acting up, opinions vary on the solution online, but when this happened to mine last year I replaced the pump and it worked fine. You should be able to find a replacement pump on ebay relatively cheaply, and they're pretty simple to change yourself.
  7. tauber71

dt125lc

my bike is not charging so I have changed regulator on it but what else could be the problem ?
  8. trents give good money for knackered bikes I think £50 and a packet of Rizlas
  9. finnerz89

Find old moped

Quick check on the reg plate shows no MoT or history and that the tax ran out in 2011 Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  10. Last week
  11. dwarf1

Find old moped

I'm tryng to fine my old moped that I had as a kid. it's a Yamaha fs1e reg plate MUM929p. Can anybody help. Cheers
  12. Handy for when they sneak up behind you!
  13. Hi guys, im sorry if this post isn't supposed to be here, but right now I just sat down with a beer trying to figure what the hell is going on with my yamaha. Ive had issues from day focking 1 with this bike and today the damn bike broke down on me after sitting in the sun for a few hours (it was quite hot). I rode it to work this morning, no problems, rode home, no problems. Since the weather were good I left it outside while eating dinner, but when I was ready to set off, it fired up like normal, but died pretty quick. Id say it ran for about 5 sec and then died. She did NOT want to start after that, and it didn't prime the fuel pump when I turned on the ignition like it should. I tried once using start-gas, just to check if that would make it fire. And it did for a sec so it has spark and compression. I topped it up with fuel this morning so it has plenty of fuel. I left it in the garage for a few hours, and tried again. It started right away! But this time the fuel pump made its priming-sound. Is my fuel pump dying? Is this related to the hot weather? I took it for a ride an hour ago and stopped at a parking lot, restarting the engine a couple of times, just to check that the the fuel pump kept priming like its supposed to, and it did. ( I`ll never buy a injector bike again, its too much electronics and problems. Carb bikes are better) Is my fuel pump dying? Was it caused by the hot weather? Id say 30+ Celsius in the sun, so id consider that as hot..
  14. Seemingly a better engine with the upright cylinders. But similar to the earlier Triumph T150's, I do not like the "breadbin" tank.
  15. Hi there, I've been reading lots of posts on here hoping for some help but nothing seems to quite match, anyway... 1987 dt125lc mark3. Was going pretty well, now when it starts up, usually first kick, there seems to be no throttle response except for a backfire. It idles very low, maybe 500rpm. If you slowly move the throttle you can get it to sit at 2000rpm but it still bogs on giving throttle. Randomly if you keep trying the throttle the symptoms seem to disappear. Sometimes if you mess with the throttle cable it seems like it fixes the problem, but it usually comes back again. Very occasionally it will race and you have to shut it down. When its having a good spell it goes great! Things tried so far, crank seals, stator, carb rebuild, plug, also general rewiring including regulator/rectifier and all lighting. If anyone has any tips that would be great.
  16. very nice, for some strange reason I prefer the BSA version though
  17. Cynic

dt175

Not that I'm aware of. Uban myth from the UK restrictions maybe. LC models had washers but don't think they went to the US. More likely on a 78 is your high speed coil is failing. Check the stator resistances. The 78 cdi uses 2 Coils one for low rpm the other for high. Known as a 7 wire system amongst owners. Yep 7 wires between the cdi and the mag. The approx point where the system switches over between Coils is 6k.
  18. Ooo now that's very nice! Maybe I need an old triple to go with my modern one Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  19. Hi guys. Recently brought the mk3 after turning 17. And have had a problem with it running. I had the carb ultrasonic clean cause it was bogging and occasionally backfiring. After having it cleaned the bike ran fine. After this I let it stood and the problem reoccurred. I soldered a new source coil onto the stater cause the back firing made me think it was electrical. Anyway suggestions on what it could be ???
  20. Yeah this is the problem. Who to trust.
  21. stephencunningham

dt175

hi guys and girls my first post.I have a 1978 dt175 that came from Pennsylvania .It runs well but will not rev past 6k .Someone told me that some american models had a washer in the exhaust,is there any truth in this? It is very low miles 2700
  22. sUPERB JIM,, i"v ridden one of these, ,same style and colour, ,, lovely ,, i also rode piliion on the 650 bonnie back in 1977 , as i broke my leg,,,[ bike crash[],,
  23. you can buy yamaha compatible immobiliser emulators on ebay (about £15). they feed the expected signal to the ECU so it thinks the RFID key is in the ignition and is being correctly detected. Best not tell your insurance however because with a factory fit immobiliser they wont touch it.
  24. Well all my talk of scratching itches opened up a deep itch. When I was 18 I bought my first Triumph. A T140D, and it was fekking beautiful. I rode down to Shipley on the back of my pals Bonnie and when I saw it in the shop I was delighted. Speaking with the salesman he points to another bike and says, the owner traded in his bike for that there. I looked over and saw this thing of raw beauty and vowed there and then I had to get one. Well 37 years later I took the plunge. Suffice to say the 3 grand I got for my auld bike ended up as a deposit for this These pics were ones the PO sent me and no doubt I will get lots of my own as soon as I am off work
  25. jimmy

Bike Transporters

Well the bike got delivered today. £150 Gillingham to Gourock. About 420 miles. John Adams, I have his number if anyone is looking, Well recommended
  26. Dirt bikes are hassle, a minter may have been left and used when it was dry. One that looks unloved could have been serviced every race. Buyer be very aware.
  27. Thats the thing about dirt bikes , you cant tell how abused they"ve been ,, most need rebuilt often ,
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?