1980 DT 125 Help

MTNMOJO
This post is 3145 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good Morning,

I am going to try to put together this little DT125 for my son to ride around and I am going to need some help. The bike is missing quite a bit of its electrical parts so I have to piece it together. I only have 3 wires coming out of the case but I am not sure which is which. There is no battery box, but I am guessing a battery is not necessary (unlike my Honda350). I do have a coil but that is it. So as it sits I have the stator plate with 3 wires and a coil. Nothing else. If anyone has a simple picture of how it is supposed to be set up that would be helpful.  Any help is appreciated! 

Thanks!

Jason

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This any good?

wd.jpg

Otherwise just Google "yamaha dt 125 electrical wiring diagram"

Edited by slice

This looks promising. I have been trying to upload a picture and the site keeps saying that the image is too large even after I resize down. I checked the wires and have a yellow, blk/wht stipe, and a green. I had one of the colors wrong. The diagram above looks promising. I am going to clean everything up, put new points and capacitor in and see if I can get some juice to flow. Once I get spark I need to figure out why I only have 90lbs of compression. Thanks and I will update as soon as I can! 

Jason

Edited by MTNMOJO

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online