Aerox Not starting PLEASE HELPP !!!!

Ktmkray455
This post is 4177 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I have recently changed a piston on my yamaha aerox and now it will only start with the choke on and with full throttle but will only rev up to about 2000 rpm but as soon as you release the throttle it dies again, all jets are clear , float is ok, new spark plug, new air filter and a new ht cap. any suggestions please, thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Try clearing the fuel from the exhaust by shutting of the gas,pull the plug and crank it over. Then a new plug and only turn the gas on long enough to fill the carb and see if it will start and run untill out of gas. sounds like dirty carb flooding the motor.possibly float stuck

Piston arrow to exhaust=right

That's a good suggestion thanks alot but I'm quite sure I did a good job of cleaning the 2 surfaces and the old gasket did come off in 1 piece, also there is fuel getting to the cylinder as after a few kicks there is fuel on the plug and I have a good spark it just won't go.

I changed it due to poor compression and then realised the ring had snapped when I took the old piston out, the ring fell off the piston into my hand, and I'm not sure I ordered it from pedparts.com it said it was for any water-cooled aerox so I really do not know what else I can do ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online