My DT 125

Richie_31
This post is 3042 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

SAM_04572.jpg

Here's my DT 125, 1995 model, aircooled, all stock engine, but i don't know what kind of DT class (is it X?). I've made some modifications recently like lifting the rear until the rear mudguard will just little bit higher than front mudguard by mounting monoshock extender but my sidestand becomes shorter so i'll replace my sidestand with a longer one soon. Also, i installed clear tube from autolube to carb to monitor 2T oil flow. Next, i installed external fuel filter between fuel tap and carb. Then lastly, i installed a smaller mirror.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice DT Richie, but the swing arm, drum brakes front and rear, and the fact that it's air cooled is telling me it's an earlier bike than 1995, the vin/frame number can be searched in here to determine the proper year.

I've searched for your frame number and drawn a blank Richie nothing in the 1961 - 89 parts list for 4AR

19611989.gif

and nothing in the 90-92 model parts list either

199092.gif

I think another member in here Oldgitonabike has a different parts list to mine, maybe he can come up with something, sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

Oh thanks NEV! I have no idea there is some documents regarding Frame Numbers that exist like this. Anyway, thank you so much for the effort Nev, I really appreciate it. I'm happy i've found this site, you really help us a lot - keep up the good work guys! :)

Nev, I'll post some of the troubles/ issues i encountered with my bike and i need your opinion together with Oldgitonabike but i think i will post it on a desired forum soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Love that colour scheme :spin2:

• 3 weeks later...

A great looking bike! How very strange though! Everything bar the aircooled engine in there, points to it being a DT125LC MK1 which would be 1982-84 i think. You could check to see if the mountings for the radiator is there and also if the frame and engine numbers match.

• 4 weeks later...

thats how they were sold in the Phlipines, Australia, South Africa and other places, no need to doubt its year or anything. They are indeed aircooled from standard, later ones had a disk brake. Based on the DT125 (MX) but the engine parts are different to its predecessor

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

though this was 2 year old post...

this is how yamaha market it here in the phil...that s why we have a hard time looking it in the net... it gives different model if we type that 4ar models

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online