What year yz80 engine # is this?

Jeremiah
This post is 5138 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone, I am looking at a late 70's(77-78?) yz80 so I can swap the motor into my ysr50 but the kid isn't sure what year it is. Where would I be able to find out what year the motor is? Thanks for your time.

Engine # is 593-005593

This is not the bike but it looks like it.

rightside.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey everyone, I am looking at a late 70's(77-78?) yz80 so I can swap the motor into my ysr50 but the kid isn't sure what year it is. Where would I be able to find out what year the motor is? Thanks for your time.

Engine # is 593-005593

This is not the bike but it looks like it.

rightside.jpg

I think it's 598-XXXXXX...it looks like a 1976. My first bike was a '78 YZ80 and it was a monoshock bike.

Thanks, the pictured bike, the guy said it was a 77-78 and the kids bike I looked at looked the same. I want a 76-79 so I can use the 420 chain and use my stator from my ysr for lights.

I thought it was xxx-xxx593 b/c I looked to make sure it wasn't an 8, guess I didn't look close enough.

Side question - In your opinion what do you think the bike is worth? It's kinda beat up and the carb was leaking. I will probably replace the carb anyway he's asking $450 but it seems too high I want to offer $250 but don't want to come off as a jerk.

Thanks, the pictured bike, the guy said it was a 77-78 and the kids bike I looked at looked the same. I want a 76-79 so I can use the 420 chain and use my stator from my ysr for lights.

I thought it was xxx-xxx593 b/c I looked to make sure it wasn't an 8, guess I didn't look close enough.

Side question - In your opinion what do you think the bike is worth? It's kinda beat up and the carb was leaking. I will probably replace the carb anyway he's asking $450 but it seems too high I want to offer $250 but don't want to come off as a jerk.

What ever you can get it for $450 or less.That looks like a low hour bike.

Take apart the carb and clean it; you will have yourself a fine motor. When I bought my YZ80 a couple years ago, I paid $500 for a good running bike. I think you could offer him $350 to $450 depending on what the motor compression is, and what shape the bike is in.