Yamaha fazer 1999 oil and petrol warning light

gorilaz
This post is 5444 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

BIKE stood for a week untouch, it is dry now. Went through all wires, fuses, sparks, look OK. Oil and petrol Full. Lights, Indicators work fine. i believe battery is good. Gears on neutral. you turn the key everything OK, then you press the ignition and NO SOUND/ NOTHING just the oil and petrol light show up

Jet washing is not a good idea, it forces water in to places that it shouldnt go. (as you found out)

Has the bike a side stand switch, this and the engine kill switch are the first places I would check.

Good luck.

Adam.

Jet washing is not a good idea, it forces water in to places that it shouldnt go. (as you found out)

Has the bike a side stand switch, this and the engine kill switch are the first places I would check.

Good luck.

Adam.

the engine kill switch off position, always start off any stand.gear box netural, i tryied pull the clutch nothing at all

the engine kill switch off position, always start off any stand.gear box netural, i tryied pull the clutch nothing at all

Went through all cable,check the ignition switch for corrosion,fuses ,socket nothing.Everythig look OK.

i wonder maybe cut off starter relay broke?

what exactly CDI ignition box do? If the Cut off starter relay faulty, is it possible to start bike either push or press an ignition button?

• 1 month later...

Went through all cable,check the ignition switch for corrosion,fuses ,socket nothing.Everythig look OK.

i wonder maybe cut off starter relay broke?

what exactly CDI ignition box do? If the Cut off starter relay faulty, is it possible to start bike either push or press an ignition button?

I may be wrong, but isnt that what happens when u try and start the bike with the side stand down??, Im sure my 2000 fazer does this, could it be the switch??

• 4 weeks later...

I may be wrong, but isnt that what happens when u try and start the bike with the side stand down??, Im sure my 2000 fazer does this, could it be the switch??

i have a 1999 also,

there is also a switch on the center stand,sounds to me like one of the stand switches is faulty.

ive had mine only about 2 weeks but already finding things that i need to know, someone put mine in gear when i left it over night(i never leave any of my bikes in gear),came down,key in .nothing..went for jump leads thinking battery was flat (locked stearing n thought i had put par lights on too).........luckily i had to move the bike to get it near jump vehicle and ey presto its in gear.......back in neautral and awayshe went!............anyway enough of my stupidity try shorting the two switches so it takes them out of the loop......maybe work maybe im talking crap but its worth a try.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online